DGD 505 Game Development II
Tuesday 5:45- 58:30pm
office phone: 516 299 2250
Office Hours: M-W 1:45- 2:45 and by appointment
Interactive media have become so complex that projects such as games, interactive journalism, websites and interactive educational media, etc. are created by groups of people working together.
- Students taking this class will pitch, plan, design and build a complex game (or other interactive media project
- Students will implement the knowledge they have acquired individually in other courses in the DGD curriculum and learn how to work in a group.
- Students will utilize HTML5, CSS, image/sound/video editing abilities, Flash software, and usability testing.
- We will start learning how to design and code for smartphones/tablets using Lua on the Corona SDK platform
- The final project should be an initial prototype of the Master thesis game.
By the end of this class, students will also have a compete working portfolio that demonstrates their skills and showcases their understanding of the interactive multimedia design process. Once this is ready, students can apply for internships and jobs with a reasonable probability of success.
Long Island University - Post
© 2011 elena bertozzi stamps printed by CBV